I host the Dastardly Cleverness in the Service of Good podcast. The show features interviews with leading social innovators from across the United States and around the world.
- As a county supervisor in Santa Cruz County, California, Ryan Coonerty is having to cope with two historic challenges: the national coronavirus pandemic and the catastrophic western wildfires. Both disasters have hit his community hard. In this episode, host Spencer Critchley talks with Ryan about leadership in a time of crisis — or crises. Excerpt […]
- Social marketing uses the persuasion techniques normally used to sell potato chips, fashion, detergent, cars, and endless other consumer products, but for social good campaigns. Listen to the audio podcast version of this episode (#34) on Apple Podcasts or any podcast app. Knowing how to do social marketing right is important to nonprofits, socially responsible […]
- The election of Donald Trump shocked America and the world — and that included Dastardly Cleverness host Spencer Critchley. But Spencer believes now that we should have seen Trump coming, like we should have seen the approach of this hyper-partisan crisis of democracy we’re going through. He’s written a book about it, called Patriots of […]
- It’s hard to match Brent Colburn’s experience in dealing with high-stakes communication challenges. Brent has led communications for the U.S. Department of Defense, the Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Emergency Managment Agency, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (where he was Chief of Staff), the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (created by Facebook CEO Mark […]
- Mark Barker and Jordan Ruden are the co-founders of digital marketing agency Craft & Commerce, and are experts in the use of online media to persuade people, whether to back a cause or vote for a candidate. They say the Trump campaign's mastery of that is a big reason why Donald Trump won in 2016 […]